Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Who knew?

Sitting there most mornings under the tree in our front yard as I leave for the pool, the hare looks quite contented and very tame.  He doesn't even lope off as I get into the car.  "This is my lawn," he seems to say.  "You're an interloper." 

Wondering what the difference was between a "hare" and a "rabbit", I consulted the dictionary a few minutes ago.  Seems the "hare" is a larger version of the "rabbit", but to my horror I learned they were both..........."of the rodent genus".  Yuck!  No wonder not everyone out here thinks they are as cute as I do!  No wonder Canmore trapped and neutered thousands last Fall. 

I don't think I will ever think of our resident hares the same way again.  Cockroaches and rats will come to mind. 

On another note, I am so impressed with Angelina Jolie's decision to have a double mastectomy so her kids will not lose her too young.  How very brave.      

No comments:

Post a Comment