Search This Blog

Sunday, May 26, 2013

What a slacker

"I used to do 120, but now I only do 100," said my swimming friend, "L".  "Oh, you've really slacked off," I joked.  And I thought I was doing well with 50 laps.  Not even close.

This is an amazing lady.  She suffers from rheumatoid arthritis, but still works out every day at the Y and swims like crazy.  Sometimes, when D and I are chatting or bitching at the end of a lane, L says, "Well, see you later girls, I have to swim."  And off she pushes.  She told me she had to keep moving, or else freeze up completely. 

Some days, as I drive down Nosehill Drive to the Y early in the very early morning, the mountains are breath-taking; others you can't see them.  Today was a breath-taker.  It still fills me with the pride of being a Canadian when I feast my eyes on the spectacular and magnificent Rocky Mountains.   

 



No comments:

Post a Comment