Search This Blog

Monday, May 27, 2013

Planting B's Mum

We are travelling to Ottawa to plant B's mum.  She died in England a year ago and we had her ashes shipped to Ottawa directly following her funeral.  "Oh darling, I don't want to visit America," she avowed a couple of years ago.  "But Mum, it's not the United States, it's Canada," B explained.  "Oh, darling, it's all America.  I'm not interested," she declared.

Never having visited while living, Diamond will now be interred with my parents and brother at Beechwood.  We both find it very comforting to know we will all be together one day.  Taking the lead from my mother, we have our headstone installed; the only things missing are the dates of death.  Everything is arranged and paid for, so our kids will not curse us after we die while they are trying to dispose of us.  Done. 

Can't wait to see old friends.  A few people have offered to host us, but as I said to B, "I will not stay with anyone I have to 'edit' myself around."  Hence, we are staying with my cousin, a virtual brother with whom I grew up -- a man who knows me inside and out, backwards and forwards.  The other plus is that I adore his wife.

Ottawa, here we come!   

       

No comments:

Post a Comment