Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Gone

The last surviving member of my parents' family has died.  Uncle Rollie, the best guy you could ever have met, slipped away two days ago at 98.  He was the widower of Aunt Pat, my mother's youngest sister, and I adored him. 

The twinkle in his eye never faded.  Never a cross word, never in a bad mood, always a delight.  A veteran of WW II, he served his country faithfully and didn't have time for PTSD.  Uncle Rollie just got on with it. 

He now joins his baby daughter Barbara-Anne, who died in infancy, his first wife Pat, his second wife Audrey and his second daughter Betty-Anne -- the latter of whom died far too young from ovarian cancer in 2002.  I miss them all.   

2 comments:

  1. Will have a Mass said at St. Basil's Church - lost my address book please send your address.
    So sorry Nancy - great people in our lives leave large
    hole in our Soul. Hugs, B.

    ReplyDelete