Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 15, 2014

The skinny on air travel

"Contrary to popular belief, life is not a beach.  Grow up, wash your feet with soap and water and keep your shoes on.  Wear pool shoes only at the pool.*  You may like your perfume or cologne, but I don't.  I don't want to hear about your family and personal life or your religious beliefs just because I'm sitting next to you for a few hours.  Really, it's none of my business."  This from a series of great rants about the perils of air travel, sent to me by my American friend "D". 

"If you choose an aisle seat, expect to get up to let the passengers next to you out, and be pleasant about it," it goes on.  "Get your feet off the furniture, you're not at home!  And tell your child not to kick the seat in front of him/her.  Don't make me turn around and tell your child to stop kicking my back and then give me a dirty look.  And parents, take your baby into the lavatory to change the diaper."  Oh so true! 

"Beside the odours from people (please take a shower the day of your flight; everyone has some odour, even I) and from the food that they now want to bring on board since most flights charge for food, one of the worst is when couples put their children in one row and then sit together away from their children."

The thing that bugs me the most are passengers who rush on and stuff their bags into every overhead bin they can snag and steal.  I just toss their stuff out onto the aisle and let the stewards deal with it.

Ah, the joys of air travel! 
_______________________________________________
* I remember women in the office who wore beach wear every day of the week!  Bare midriffs, pants below the belly button.........disgusting.  And sweat pants!  Almost as bad as leggings. 

No comments:

Post a Comment