Search This Blog

Thursday, January 2, 2014

My Mother would turn

Ariel Sharon has been in a coma.........wait for it........for eight years.  He's.........wait for it.........85 years old and his family is still keeping him alive with a feeding tube.  How ridiculous.  The guy is basically dead, a blob of flesh in a bed.  Let him go. 

As I said, my Mother would turn.  "I'm trying to die, but I won't die," she said, sitting up in her Maycourt Hospice bed in 2001 before she died.  She hated "fuss" and regarded her own death as "too much fuss".  After paying taxes for a million years and donating a bunch of money to the Maycourt, she still worried....."who is paying for all this?"  You are and you have, I told her.  She was the classiest lady-like lady I have ever known.  Never put a foot wrong -- including how she dealt with her own demise. 

"I have to go to the hospital," she said, calling me one evening.  I remember it was a Thursday in early November and I was making sandwiches for some bazaar at the church, I told her when she asked if she were disturbing me.  I dropped everything and took her to the General.  She was admitted and stayed for a month before they transferred her to the Maycourt.  Another month later, she was dead.  That's the way to do it, live on your own, get sick at 92, ignore it and then die within two months.  No fuss, no muss.

The former Prime Minister of Israel's family should do exactly that.  Send him off. 

 

           

No comments:

Post a Comment