Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Orange suede high heels

Never seen anything like them.  Santa came for New Year's this year instead of Christmas because Santa was in Houston with the grandchildren there.  But when the jolly, old elf finally arrived last night he had quite the haul in his rucksack! 

The crowning glory for a shoe-adorer such as I was a pair of stunning, orange suede high heels.  I have orange heels and I have suede heels, but not a pair of orange suede.  They are absolutely gorgeous!  I am sure my step-daughter had a hand in finding them in DSW, so thanks to her too.  By the way, never pass up a chance to hit a DSW if ever you are in the US.  It is peerless if you are a kindred shoe-a-holic. 

The other place Santa hit was 'Charming Charlie's'.  Why they don't have this chain in Canada I have no clue?  It is crammed full of the most gorgeous accessories on the planet -- earrings, necklaces, hats, tops, broaches -- you name it, they have it.  The key, with apologies to the sweat-shop employees who must be making them, is their price.  They are disarmingly inexpensive.  You can usually get a fabulous necklace with matching earrings for $20 or less.  As readers know, I am a devotee of accessories which in my opinion make or break any outfit.  That was the reason I used to love 'Shepherd's' in Ottawa, but her prices were through the roof.  Have a google at the Charlie website, you can order online. 

So, here we are in 2014.  Hard to believe?!  And here I am in the 'Wild West' which is Calgary.  On the way home from the airport last night, we stopped at our local Crowfoot watering hole for a quick bite.  It was jammed to the rafters and humming.  As usual, we were greeted like long-lost family by the cute young men and women who are the staff and treated to food and beverage while we waited the few minutes for a couple of stools to free up at the bar.

All that being said, we were home and in bed by 10.  Needless to say, I am not a fan of insane New Year's Eve.           

6 comments:

  1. You are a very blessed Lady!!!! Having said that - I believe
    you have earned it. You two love birds crack me up!
    Hugs for 2014.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice blog on suede high heel.......................visit our sites for getting high heels on another stylish trendy footwear or clothes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very impressive blog. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am very impressed to read this blog. Visit our site for more detail about shoes.
    http://www.shopjessicabuurman.com/shoes-high-heels_c258

    ReplyDelete