Search This Blog

Friday, May 2, 2014

$12

I paid $12 at a flea market in Almonte, Ontario, for mine.  Today I saw a very similar pair in The Globe and Mail -- except they were an Oscar de la Renta version -- for $365.  Why do women do it to themselves?  Why don't they exercise a little imagination and shop smart?  'Cause they don't.

Had a great birthday yesterday!  Heard from all my kids, except my step-daughter.  Her father was disappointed, but I was not surprised.  (The apple doesn't fall far from the maternal tree.)  But hey, three out of four ain't bad!  Stepson even posted his card 'special two-day delivery' to make sure it arrived.  Had a wonderful dinner at daughter and son-in-law's in Cochrane, with grandchildren and in-laws.  Weather cooperated and she made the only dessert I will eat (rarely), cheesecake.  It was to die for.  B cracked open a bottle of Mumm's, so it was a proper celebration.  I have a gratitude list a mile long!       

My $12 variety, top, the $365 version here.








No comments:

Post a Comment