Search This Blog

Friday, September 12, 2014

Look what was underneath the white stuff!

I told you my flowers were little toughies.  Could not believe what was underneath 35 cm's of snow.  Many of my flowers were....intact!  I had completely given up on them, but as the snow started to melt, I thought I saw a few blossoms poking out.  Whaaaaat?!  Things like impatiens were finished, but my roses, petunias, pansies and a few geraniums hung in there.  As I have said, they have to survive in early June, when it is just barely above zero, so they harden off and come through in a pinch.  Here are a few before and after pictures:

You can see the hanging plant two days ago on the top right.....

Here it is today.  Amazing!

These petunias were previously completed blanketed, but they hung in there.

My roses were fine. 

 
Sunrise out back this morning.  Mother Nature, who takes no prisoners, is a tease.


1 comment:

  1. beautiful pictures - especially the sunrise - it is going to be
    6deg here this evening. I just put all my summer shoes away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hugs, moi

    ReplyDelete