Search This Blog

Saturday, September 27, 2014

This and That in Calgary

"I used to do it in two, maybe three, but after that it was always three -- usually four," said a swimming friend who also golfs.  She was referring to putting and how hers went completely downhill after she took a lesson.  "Dumb," she said, adding that she also took a swing lesson which ruined her game for months. 

I've heard that.  Never take a lesson and don't think about your swing.  But, as you know, I don't play.  Can't hit the effing ball because the club is too long and the ball too small. 

Completed a sad task this morning; tossed all my remaining flowers over the back fence into the field behind.  In the process, almost stepped on a dead mouse, one I killed on purpose.  We have had them living under our back patio for the summer and I did not want them to somehow burrow into the basement.  So I bought a contraption with poison pellets.  It took three cubes to do the job, as the mice seemed to love them, but today I found one victim.  I will continue to put out more to ensure they are gone.  Sad, I know, but necessary.

After only two-and-a-half months of actual Sumer, Fall has definitely arrived in Calgary.  And the furnace is humming.   

No comments:

Post a Comment