Search This Blog

Monday, September 22, 2014

So, here we are............

......approaching Canadian Thanksgiving.  Frankly, I don't even know why I have to say "Canadian" when I refer to Thanksgiving.  But since stepdaughter lives in Texas, I guess that is an influence.  Why do Americans celebrate Thanksgiving more than they do Christmas!?  I guess because that is when they overpowered the Indians with a few trinkets and mirrors and overtook over New Amsterdam.  Bullies ever. 

Sadly, today is the last day of summer, but here in Calgary, we enjoyed 28 degrees!  What a wonderful day.  Stupidly, I spent it inside, sewing -- making aprons from the remnants of my Christmas fabric.  When I had finally finished the sewing projects, I laid my Thanksgiving table:

Don't you just love the colour of gourds! 

 
 
 



2 comments:

  1. Great picture, love gourds, - AMERICAN THANKSGIVINGis the largest holiday in America - because it is a holiday that all religions can celebrate.
    Most businesses are owned by Jewish people - therefore they created this huge holiday with parade and all so everyone would be included. hugs, B.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A Jewish businessman friend of mine said at Christmas, "What a friend we have in Jesus." He also said, "When a Jew heard 'There's a goldmine in the sky, 5,000 Jews joined the air force." He was a riot!

    ReplyDelete