Search This Blog

Sunday, September 21, 2014

Christmas sewing

For some reason, I always get into a sewing jag before Christmas.  Heck, we haven't even had Thanksgiving, but I have made my Christmas table linen.  Usually, it's a tablecloth and napkins, but the problem with that is they hide my beautiful dining room table.  The solution this year?  Tablemats.  Just finished six, with napkins and coasters.  Even lined the mats with padding and sewed on a backing. 

St. Nicholas is the theme, a nod to grandson whom I will be taking (I hope) again this year to visit.  His birthday is exactly one week before Christmas and for the past two years, we have taken him to have a word with the Jolly Old Elf.  Here are my mats and napkins...............

 
I am pretty pleased I have this completed well in advance.  I like to think grandson will one day have these on his own Christmas table.   

   

2 comments:

  1. There seems to be NO END to your talents. Look beautiful
    would make beautiful Christmas Gifts for in-laws and out-laws!!! hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too much work to give them as gifts. I once made a beautiful tablecloth and napkins for some American friends we used to visit for a number of years up at 31-Mile-Lake. Fancying herself a world-famous interior decorator, she just shoved them in a drawer, never to be seen again. I also made her a clothespin bag, which she also scuttled.

    ReplyDelete