Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Good for him

"I haven't smoked for four months," said a young man I know.  "Wow!  Good for you," I replied.  "I just got sick of myself and quit cold-turkey," he added.  I thought he was talking about regular cigarettes, but he was talking about marijuana.  "I was a functioning, daily weed addict," he told me, "but I couldn't stand myself anymore." 

Well, what do you know!?  I gave him a big hug and told him how proud I was of him.  "I bet your mother and father are very happy," I added.  "They are.  I even got my brother to quit."
________________________________________________ 

"You will have another dentist today," said the receptionist at the clinic.  "Dr. "M" has broken his hand."  I was there for my fourth and final visit to have my ancient silver fillings replaced by amalgam.  Anyone with me here?  Apparently, the old silver fillings we all endured threaten to crack our teeth.  In fact, every single filling replaced had a cavity underneath it.  I have only had four cavities in my entire life -- thanks to my father's refusal to allow sugar into out diets.  I think we have 32 teeth, which means 28 teeth have no cavities; four is not bad.  But, not wishing to lose those teeth with silver fillings, I endured replacements.

The dentist I had today was the wife of my usual dentist.  What a charmer!  Beautiful too.  They are a great couple. 

Boring, I know, but that was my day.       

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, they are white. Not gold, for G-d's sake!

    ReplyDelete