Search This Blog

Friday, October 3, 2014

Fear and loathing

After a week of technological messes, I can't even bear to take the 'Chromecast' product out of its package.  All I wanted was 'Netflicks', but B bought a new TV which didn't include the device.  So, we had to buy the adapter.  "Do you have WiFi?" asked the two-year-old salesman at 'Future Shop'.  How would I know??!!  I have no clue!!??

"Well, do you have a computer?"  Yes, we have a desktop.  The whole exercise was hideous.  But not as hideous as trying to figure out why I can no longer receive data on my cell phone.  For some reason, I can no longer send or receive email, photos, etc..........  Only texts.  What did I do?  Went back to the 'Koodo' kiosk where we bought the device three years ago.  "Oh, you'll have to call the help-line," said one of the lack-a-dasical salesmen lounging in the store.  Whaaaaat?!!  I bought this stupid phone here, you are 'Koodo' but I have to go home and sit on the line for help?!!  Yep, that was about it.

Finally talked to someone in Montreal, who asked me if the mall layabouts had checked my SIM card.  No, they did not.  "Well, you'll have to go back to the store and ask them to remove your SIM card and see if it works in another device.  If it does, it's your phone; if not, it's another problem," she helpfully suggested.  What an effing mess!!

So I sit, looking at the 'Netflicks' adapter, afraid to even try to install it.  What if it doesn't cooperate?  I can't cope. 

How I long for the days of rotary-dial phones and no "devices".   

 

   

2 comments:

  1. I WONDERED WHERE YOU WERE!!!!!! All the kids in
    Quebec have netflicks!!!!!!!! hate them. Go back to old fashioned TV. You know CBC, TURNER CLASSIS MOVIES - 48 - channel 240 The Vatican. OMG. Peter was here a month ago and had a fit because I didn't have a WiFi - LIFE at my age is too short for all this crap!!!!!!!hugs, moi.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Still haven't worked up the courage to even open the adapter package to try to install it. Just sit looking at it.

    ReplyDelete