Search This Blog

Friday, October 31, 2014

A few unproven, personal theories..........

I think Mark Knopfler and 'Dire Sraights' said it best:  "Money for nothin' and your chicks for free".  That may have summed up Jian Gomeshi's thinking when he first started his now-public (alleged) serial woman-beating spree.* 

Nine women with the same sordid tale can't be wrong, in my opinion.  And the fact that they don't even know each other is another plank in their credibility platform.  Initially, I was outraged and believed Gomeshi just liked rough, consensual sex.  Who cared?  But I have changed my opinion. 

Something he said a while ago came back to me when I heard about his alleged beating of women -- all white, I believe.  "Let's face it, I got into 'Moxie Fruvous' to get chicks," he laughed on air.  I laughed too at the time, but with the latest hell revealed, it started me thinking.  Having being raised in a relatively affluent neighbourhood, he may have been rejected at times by the white girls he was trying to date?  As a "brown" man, did this piss him off?  Were his subsequent attacks on his dates a result of surpressed rage?  All only questions I ponder at the moment. 

Let's face it, Gomeshi was a Canadian super star and inevitably hubris and arrogance often creep into such personalities.  Super-cool and very out-there-avant-guard, Gomeshi may have begun to believe his own press, thinking the law and the rules were for everyone else and he could break them with impunity.  Not in Canada you can't. 

"Remember when you could hit broads?" said Eddie Murphy in one of his television specials a number of years ago.  "You could just stop the car, hit them and say, 'get out b-tch'".  I laughed at the line because it was true.  You could "hit broads" and the police would simply call it domestic violence and walk away.  You can't "hit broads" or anyone else anymore.  That sad era is over.

As B's grandfather and father said to him many times, "Never, ever strike a woman, I don't care what she did or what you feel.  Never hit a woman."  Good advice, which he repeatedly passed on to our sons. 

With no statute of limitations on filing sexual assault charges, Gomeshi's nightmare may be just beginning.  All I can say is I am glad his father is no longer around.         

* All alleged at the moment, no charges and nothing proven in court. 

1 comment:

  1. I couldn't agree more. However, I have read so much about how he treated his staff at the Radio - screaming at them - that is a sign of a very weak man!!!! The things he did to 9 women is so disgusting I doubt any dog on the planet would behave that way!!!!!! He is an ego maniac, who took celebrity and used it to harm others. I pity his poor mother who brought him into this sad World.

    ReplyDelete