Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 22, 2026

I'm trying

.....but I'm failing.  I can't really drum up much sympathy for the Nepo movie star babies who have turned deadly, either on themselves, or on their parents.  (And I'm talking as the sister of a young man who committed suicide at age 32 and broke our parents' hearts.)

Today I'm talking about the kids of stars like Ryan O'Neil, Michael Douglas, Rob Reiner, Tom Hanks, Jackie Chan, Paul Newman and Sylvester Stalone and others like the Menendez brothers, Matthew Perry, Mucaulay Culkin, Brittany Spears, Tatum O'Neil, Drew Barrymore....and many others.

Big problem among rich Nepo babies.

Now we have Presley Gerber, son of a super model and billionaire, who just died of an apparent overdose while in a rehab facility -- the latest of many such facilities he had been placed in.  Watched a video of him talking about how tough his life was and how misunderstood he was.  Have to admit I was unsympathetic.  Seems his parents' billions could not save him.  

Could a few visits to the homeless have given him some perspective on his privilege?  Princess Diana did this regularly.  Granted, it didn't help Harry, but it certainly seems to have strengthened William.  Harry, I'm afraid, allowed his evil shrew of a wife to bewitch him (sexually I'm sure) and influence his chronic "poor me" syndrome. 

Do these kids have too much money?  I think that's part of it.  Matthew Perry's mother was my best friend all through high school and, although we have lost touch, we did talk about how money kept allowing Matthew to continue using.  The substance abuser in my family didn't have the money to keep using, so he cleaned up and has been a model of success since.

I'm also getting tired of people blaming mental health for drug abuse.  I think the drug abuse comes first, not the other way 'round.  I think it's the drug abuse that causes the mental health problems and functions as a convenient excuse for whatever heinous acts the addict commits.

So, call me callous, but that's my take on it.  I agree with Megyn Kelly on this one.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment