Search This Blog

Saturday, September 26, 2026

Sad, but true

Reading about a four-year-old child who was murdered by her father during a custody dispute, I always have the same thought:

It's probably the mother who is the problem.

Granted, to have killed his daughter, the father was deranged, but when I read the words, "Long, protracted custody dispute", I know it's because the mother is blocking access.  That's what happened to B and I, 46 years ago when custody was being decided in his case.  

"I have confidence the father will grant access, but I do not have the same confidence in the mother.  Therefore, I recommend majority custody to the father."  That's what the judge wrote in his decision about who should have majority custody in our case and back then it was very rare for a father to have been given custody.  Still is.

In this case, the little girl in question was the victim of a father who had fought long and hard for access to his daughter, but had finally given up.  "If I can't see her, then she won't", would have been going through his mind when he shot her.  So he killed her and himself.

This poor, sweet child paid an unthinkable price in her parent's custody dispute.

Evidently, many mothers obviously believe in "immaculate conception" because they fight and block the father's access at every turn.  I remember it well! 

It's all so tragic and unnecessary.  May this little one rest in peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment