Search This Blog

Thursday, June 21, 2012

Dallas...........again

Back in the '70s, I would not miss the original 'Dallas'.  Loved JR, thought Sue Ellen was gorgeous and was hooked on the story line.  It used to be broadcast on Friday nights and I would sit in a rocking chair with my newborn daughter, glued to it. 

Don't know why I loved it?  Guess it was the viciousness of the plot, the sets, the clothes and the Texan scenery.  Well, it's back with a lot of the same cast.  Larry Hagman is about 100 and, after a thousand liver transplants and throat cancer, looks pretty worn down.  But he still has it, vicious and coniving as ever. 

And then there is Linda Gray. The woman is 71 years old and looks magnificent.  When I read she had been born in 1940, I thought there must have been some mistake on Wikipedia, but no, she is really that age.  Larry is only nine years older, but the miles and years have taken their toll; he looks many more.  You have to hand it to him, however, he has been married to his one and only wife since 1954 -- a huge accomplishment in Hollywood, where stars change wives as often as they do underwear. 

Wednesday evenings will now find me hooked again on 'Dallas'. 

No comments:

Post a Comment