Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Strange object in the sky

Awakening this morning and opening the blinds, I saw a strange, unidentified object in the sky.  Unrecognizable, it had been predicted by experts for weeks and rumours abounded about possible sightings.  The almanac and local folklore attested that a rare appearance was definitely in the offing, but when it appeared it was jarring.  Driving to the pool, I spotted many Calgarians outside, curious and anxious to experience this abnormal phenomenon.  Yes, folks, it was the sun -- barely recognizable after so many, many days of ugly clouds and cold rain.  Unfortunately, we have been told it will not reappear for quite a while. 

Another surprise awaited me when I entered the pool deck -- this time in human form.  As I lowered myself into a lane, a HUGE man lumbered in and prepared to enter......no.....please....not in my lane.  Oh G-d, I winced.  Here we go, a big, fat whale to manoeuvre around.  Then he started to swim and blew us all away.  Man, this guy could really pound it!  After making my usual smug, incorrect assumptions, I was subsequently astounded at his prowess in the water. 

I stood corrected, as he had to move into a faster lane to escape the rest of us.

1 comment:

  1. It takes a great person to admit when they have midjudged a person or a situation.
    You are simply "GREAT"
    B.A.MacMahon

    ReplyDelete