Search This Blog

Thursday, June 7, 2012

Dear Dan at 'The Cutting Edge'

Dear Dan,

I am a little annoyed you never comment on my blog -- which I know you read.  You even dine out on it, remember Maniwaki?  Remember the dumb broad from Kirkland Lake on her cellphone in the hospital waiting room?  If you'd kept in touch you'd know I still use First Choice, a hit-and-miss sweat shop if ever there were one!  Went yesterday and told the girl that the last time I went the person, or felon, who cut my hair (read, removed it) went a little far........you know going around once with the scissors and then going around again and then going around again and then going around again.......you get the picture.  But what did she do?  Exactly the same thing!  Why do we women sit there, watching our hair being hacked and ruined and say nothing??!!  The power you people have over us!  I fell into a sort of blind coma and torpor, as she hacked away. 

When we lived in Ottawa, I could always pop in and you would fix everything.  Where are you when I need you!!??  Today, thanks to what's-her-name, I look like one of those French women who collaborated with the nazis in WW II and had their heads shaved!  All that is missing is the out-of-wedlock bastard child I am holding as I am paraded through the village streets in shame!

When I walked in the door, B took one look and kindly said, "It'll grow."  I may now have to put the bathing cap on in the car before I hit the pool and stay indoors until it grows out a bit.

I certainly hope you feel bad about this, you should!

Sincerely,
Nancy

No comments:

Post a Comment