Search This Blog

Monday, January 14, 2013

Another pair of high heels

"Didn't see you at the pool this morning," said a fellow swimmer, a tad smugly.  "Oh, I was there, but at 5:30 because I have my grandson today," I replied, schlepping through the grocery store checkout.  Yep, there we were, grandson and I, having woven our way throughout the store, the weekly "shop" completed.

Then it was off to the mall for shopping and lunch.  As I was putting grandson's jacket and hat on before we headed home, B disappeared.  "Pop into 'Arnold Churgin Shoes' for a minute," he said as he reappeared.  In I went and he directed me to a goregous green patent pair.  They were the same shoes I had admired, but not bought, a few days earlier.  Amazing.  We have exactly the same taste in women's shoes.  You'd look great in these, he said. 

Tried them on and he bought them.

As I have said so often, shoes make the outfit.     

       

2 comments:

  1. The right pair of shoes can make a ho-hum outfit pop...and green no less! Fantastic!
    I was prepared to be scolded by an Italian tour guide in Capri for making the tour group wait because I ran into a shoe store to buy a pair of tomato red loafers.
    When I showed them to her, she completely understood and all was forgiven!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haven't seen your red loafers, must be gorgeous! The new green shoes are also shiny patent, lots of toe cleavege and very high heels. Love them.

    Today am wearing them out with a hot pink shawl scarf and green earrings. I have no idea why so many women get the shoes wrong!? To be perfectly "put together" an outfit has to be anchored top and bottom.

    ReplyDelete