Search This Blog

Sunday, January 27, 2013

Is Ontario ready?

Is Ontario ready for a gay premier?  Maybe, maybe not.  It's not the female part (there are several other women premiers now), it's the gay part.  Just as it was not ready for a Jewish premier when Larry Grossman ran for the Conservatives in 1987, it may not be ready for a gay premier.  Having lived in a number of small towns in that province, I can say with some authority that Ontario is still, well, Ontario. 

Look under any rock in any town in that huge province and you'll find a little old Upper Canadian Ontarian lady.  I'm not talking about Toronto or Ottawa, where anything and everything goes and where the media are blissfully unaware of what the burghers of Kapuskasing, Sturgeon Falls and Porcupine think.  I'm talking about the grassroots and guts of that most provincial of provinces.

I hope I'm wrong because listening to Kathleen Wynne after her victory, I was very impressed.  She is intelligent and insightful.

We'll see, but anyone would be a vast improvement over that coward McGinty.      

No comments:

Post a Comment