Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Goggles, taxes and scandalous behaviour

"What are those rings above my eyes?" I have wondered for the past few months whenever I peer into the mirror.  Usually one has rings below the eye, but I had them over.  Finally, duh, I figured out they were caused by my swim goggles. 

"Oh no, women our age can't wear those goggles," said my swim friend, D.  She sports a very broad pair -- almost like skiing goggles -- so I went out and bought a pair.  Also bought a new swimsuit because vanity has reared its ugly head in my ego.  The suit I bought a few months ago was on sale at the nearest swim shop and apparently a lot of women also went for it.  Problem is, those who bought it are ancient, hefty harridans and I cannot bear to be wearing the same style.  I know, I know, it's wrong of me, but there it is.  Vanity. 

On another note, tax evaders are now using the charter to make their case.  You know, it's my charter right not to pay taxes.  How ludicrous.  Thankfully, CRA overules and takes precedence.  I mean how can you run a country without taxes?  Even Alberta is finally floating the idea, due to the huge projected deficit facing the province.  But as usual, Redford has no clue about what to do as oil prices continue in freefall. 

And if you want the skinny on that fraudulent hunger strike, just google Christie Blatchford's piece in today's Calgary Herald.  (I call the strike "fradulent" because Spence is not starving, she is living on soup and tea, as well as her considerable girth.)  Isn't it amazing that Chief Spence began her terrorism just before that damning Deloitte-Touche audit was released, proving that she and her cronies committed fraud and breach-of-trust in their handling of the $107 million in public funds handed them since 2006.  No one has a clue about what happened to the vast sums designated for water, sewage, housing and education. 

One wonders who is minding the store on her reserve while she is drumming and entertaining her cronies in a tent on Victoria Island?  Who's cleaning up the mess she has made?  Who's looking after her people?

"We have to meet with the governor general because he is the Queen's representative in Canada and our treaties are with the Crown," said one of Spence's burly spokesmen to the cameras yesterday.  Guess he skipped school the day they taught the part about the GG not actually being in charge, that it's the elected government who runs Canada. 

She and her fellow leaders are a disgrace to their trust.     




No comments:

Post a Comment