Search This Blog

Sunday, July 22, 2012

Nail polish

Still crappy.  I haven't used a colour for years because nail polish always chips.  I use Revlon's "Pearl" because when it chips it doesn't show.  Yesterday I decided to apply a colour that matched my "outfit".  We had been invited to the 75th birthday celebration of a new friend here in Calgary and, after getting dressed, I painted on coat one.  A few minutes later, I added coat two.  OK for the moment, but only for a moment because "B" asked me to help him insert his a-little-too-large Wimbledon links into the French cuffs of his shirt.  After pushing and shoving them into the islets, I looked at my nails and realized I had to cover a couple of chips.  Done.  Off we went.

It was a wonderful party and started with Mass, celebrated at their son's gorgeous Elbow-River home by an old friend of their family.  The food and cheer were ample, this being a very Irish gang.  Having earlier told some of the family at another gathering about having met Her Majesty and the hat I had to buy for the occasion, they insisted I wear my "Queen" outfit to the party.  Naturally, I ended up being over-dressed.  No matter, we enjoyed ourselves immensely -- especially the excellent jazz trio.

Just thought I'd mention that for his 70th birthday, the entertainment was.....wait for it....Tony Bennet.  Can you imagine having Tony Bennet at your party?  I mean, that's the real deal. 

But back to nail polish.  Once home, I inspected my nails.  They were now a mess.  How home-applied nail polish cannot last at least one day amazes me.  I guess that's why there are so many Vietnamese nail salons all over Canada.  Nail polish remains a disaster.  Back to "pearl".   

       

No comments:

Post a Comment