Search This Blog

Sunday, July 1, 2012

This is what I meant

Kathleen Parker, Pulitzer Prize-winning columnist with The Washington Post, captures what I was getting at in my "Not really" blog about the state of US health care. 

By the way, I don't think one is disenfranchised from having an opinion about American health care just because one doesn't live in the US and hasn't had to call upon it.  Thank God I don't have to avail myself of what is clearly a dysfunctional, arbitrary and unfair system.  I think most Americans are floored that a "foreigner" follows US politics.  Most don't have a clue about what happens anywhere outside of their borders -- except what goes on in Mexico; Americans care about that problem. 

Don't get me wrong, I love Americans.  I'm half American myself, my birth father being from Buffalo and my adoptive father, Kansas City, Missouri.  But, as I have said, overall they are very insular.

http://www.calgaryherald.com/health/Obamacare+leaves+president+bruised/6868804/story.html




 

1 comment:

  1. You are spot on about our USA SICK CARE!! We have no such thing as health care. We have a horrible system that is so complicated not even a God could sort it out.

    I do not think Obama is a weak President. He is a community builder and thought he could build one when he went to Washington and has taken awhile for him to realize the movie with Robert Redford called The Making of a President is a REALITY show and not some made for Hollywood sensationalism. Now that he realizes this I see him as having to play a dictator role that he is not but it is far better than any Republican dictator that actually believes the USA has the best health care system in the world and they will repeat it until you believe it too. Well, not you but you get it because you are Canadian and highly educated and intelligent plus the kindest people on the planet. I know I am stereotyping but I like to.

    ReplyDelete