Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

They were right

When I was told flowers get tougher out here and harden off, they were right.  After buying my patio plants too early and covering them for a couple of weeks at night, they out-did themselves.  I think my flowers are the most beautiful I have grown.  Here they are, in all their glory:







We also celebrated my daughter's mother-in-law's 60th birthday.  Oh, to be that young again!
Reed's paternal grandparents, Brian and Dolly McArthur, wonderful people.


 

Daddy Colin, fresh from fighting a big house fire, with Reed.

2 comments:

  1. What glorious pictures. Your flowers are positively inspiring. Brian and Dolly look like wonderfully, warm and natural people. You seem
    to have gotten younger since you moved out West.
    By the By love the hat in the picture with Reed.
    It takes a lot of courage to up-root oneself and make a whole new life. However, one can get stayed living the same place all one's life.
    You and B seem so joyous. Am so happy for you
    now if I could just get through this move without any help from my sons!!!!!!!! I will be thrilled. Lets talk this week-end. Hugs,
    your old buddie Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, that's one of the hats you gave me. Wore the white one to a Stampede lunch. We do love it here! Buck up during the move, courage!

    ReplyDelete