Search This Blog

Saturday, December 8, 2012

Not sexy anymore

Whatever happened to waterskiing?  Just watching a replay of the Canadian championships and sex appeal has completely disappeared.  With helmuts and wetsuits, forget the sex appeal.

Used to be that great waterskiiers were about the sexiest people around.  I mean, you had to have a great body and a very cool bathing suit to get it done.  Like my old friend John Booth.  JR used to slide casually off the dock on one ski, never getting wet, then skiied around with his shoulder almost touching the water, arriving back and landing on the dock as if arriving for cocktails.  Never got wet.  Oh yeah, he also used to ski barefoot.  Yep, the guy was as cool as cool was.  Ever.

He was also generous.  He taught me to waterski...........hours and hours of me trying to get up........hours and hours of John turning the boat around and getting me up again..........hours and hours of John teaching me how to ski on one ski.............the guy was incredible. 

Waterskiing used to be about cool guys and gals with great bodies, flexing and showing off.  I loved it.  These guys in the wetsuits and helmuts just don't have it.        

No comments:

Post a Comment