Search This Blog

Sunday, December 2, 2012

What a great day

On this first Sunday in Advent, I say a prayer of thanks.  Life is wonderful here in Calgary and I am enjoying being a hands-on grandma for Reed.  He will turn one on December 18th and is adorable. 

After Mass we went to an invitation party at a local men's wear shop here in Crowfoot.  The food was fabulous....and so was the wine.  I bought B's Christmas present -- a gorgeous new tweed jacket (or "coat" as they call it).  We were helped by a charming young man who wore a beautiful suit, white shirt and snappy bow tie -- rare here, with everyone in jeans, jeans and more jeans, regardless of the occasion.  I think if the Queen of England dropped in, jeans would still be the order of the day.  As I have said, I am always overdressed in Calgary.

Came home and enjoyed the pair of quail-like prairie ground birds that visit my feeder every day.  Today they stayed, burroughed into the snow and slept.  Also had a few hares hopping around the feeder.  We live next to an open, wild area, hence the coyotes and other wildlife with whom we share quarters.         

It's very cold and snowing here, but who cares?!  Put up the outside lights, decorated the mantle, put up the little two-foot tree that was my mother's in our bedroom, bought the pointsettias and set up the creche.  The table and big tree will be next.   

But the perfect gift was a great chat with my Toronto son.  That topped it all off.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment