Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Couldn't care less

Sorry, but I could care less about Syria.  In fact, the entire middle east leaves me cold.  I wonder what Harry Truman would have done?  Probably dropped a couple of atomic bombs on the entire region. 

Now Britain, the US and others are thinking of invading that ineffective and moribund country.  Why?

I always think "too much coffee" when I see images of people from that region rioting hysterically.  I am serious.  Many blame men for the atrocities, but guess who raised them?  The mothers.  The men fighting and hating now have been taught at the breast and knees of their mothers to hate and fight. 

Mothers have the most influence on their children. 

6 comments:

  1. The News & Idioms...

    Agree completely, though I know very little of the situation. I gave up Cable TV and the News six months ago and have been blissfully happy in the world of Netflix.

    However... "COULD care less"? What is it that is stopping you from caring less? I've reached nirvana... I could NOT care less.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not sure what you mean by "COULD"? They never get anywhere with anything over there. All so pointless.

      Delete
  2. Not necessarily your statement, but your idiom. Your comment was, "Sorry, but I *could* care less about (insert cause here)."

    "Could" is conditional, modifying your verb "to care".

    So, on a scale ranging from, 'I care a whole lot' down to 'I don't care at all', you sit somewhere in the middle... "I could care more, but also I could care less".

    I have reached the bottom end of the scale, it is impossible for me to care any less: I could NOT care less.

    I think that's what you mean to say... "I could not care less."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Couldn't" is the abbreviated form of "could not", the "'" replacing the "o". Yes, that's what I meant.

      Delete
  3. Your title says "couldn't".

    Your first line says "could".

    ReplyDelete