Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 21, 2013

I'm hooked

Have to get Netflicks.  Have to keep watching 'House of Cards'.  What a great show, thanks to the brilliance of Kevin Spacey and Robin Wright (no longer "Penn").  Both are wonderful and remind me so much of all the politicians and sleazy bureaucrats I worked with and for in Ottawa.

I started working for a minister in Trudeau's government as a speech writer, then ended up in a department.  Actually, I found the ministers I worked for pretty cool and up front.  It was the fawning senior DMs and ADMs that were the worst.  Stab you in the back?  No problem.  Stab you in the front?  Let's go for it.  When politics, official languages and political correctness took over the staffing process, competence flew out the door.  And usually the incompetent ones knew they were incompetent and didn't belong in the jobs they had been handed, so were mean, aggressive, miserable and bitchy.  Any women we all worked for come to mind?

You bettcha, lots.   

Robin and Sean Penn divorced three years ago after quite a few years together, 20 I think.  How anyone as classy as Robin Wright could stay married to a bum like Sean Penn for that long I have no clue.  But thin!  Robin Wright is so thin I wonder how all her organs fit into that teensy space below her waist?  I mean we're talkin' large and small intestines, a uterus, ovaries, bladder, liver, kidneys, stomach.....and all stuffed into a compartment no more than eight inches square!  Think about it. 

Speaking of "Hollywood couples", wonder when Brad and Angelina will break up?  It's about time for her to move on to another bad boy such as Billy Bob.  "Oh that's her cheerleader phase," he quipped when asked about her latest husband, Brad.  "She'll be dumping him soon." 

I have a feeling he's right.          

1 comment: