Search This Blog

Friday, August 9, 2013

A Cluster F.............

Tried the wet suit on, after ordering the size the store recommended and..........it didn't fit.  By that time, every other size wasn't available, of course.  They then jerry-rigged a man's petit and I tried that.  Still didn't fit.  With the average water temperature of Lake Windermere in August at 64 F, no way would I be able to swim two kilometres without a wet suit.  And if the wind kicked up and brought deeper water to the surface............well, forget it altogether. 

"The lake is very warm this year," said the bulletin from the organizers.  What does that mean?  Warm if you're wearing a wet suit?  No wet suits required?  I felt completely defeated.  Until my swimming buddy, "L", offered to lend me one of hers.  A seasoned deep-sea diver, she has a few so over I went this afternoon and tried them on.  One fit like a glove! 

Victory.  I am now again ready to do my swim on Sunday.  Can't wait. 

Footnote:  You can imagine the lecture I delivered the 12-year-old male sales clerks in the Tri store!  "It might be a good idea if you told patrons to come into the store ahead of time to make sure the suit fits.  It might also be a plan to have a few female staff around so women could try them on in the store, instead of having to make three futile trips down here.  I mean, I am not going to have one of you guys in the changing room helping me."  They agreed I was absolutely right, silently saying to themselves I am sure, "Why doesn't this bag just leave with her GD refund!"

Never mind, all's well that end's well.   

No comments:

Post a Comment