Search This Blog

Saturday, August 10, 2013

Polo in Calgary

What an evening!  Having never seen a polo match, it was quite a thrill to venture to the Calgary Polo Club and witness one.  Actually, most of the ladies I sat with were drinking martinis, yakking and generally had no interest in the game, but I was enthralled.  We were originally assigned a table off to the right, in the back, behind the....whatever, but after chatting with this and "who" during cocktails, found ourselves re-assigned and seated with the sponsor, his wife and a few other "luminaries".  I had a great time boring them.  They were an adorable couple, the husband having the most brilliant blue eyes I have ever seen.

The highlight of the evening was when one woman (a) asked me if I had had botox, and (b) guessed I was about 53.  Whoa!  Doesn't get better than that, girls.      

Here are a few shots of the evening.  Naturally, I had my picture taken shamelessly with the Argentinian team.  They won.




Once again, you gotta "talk to a person", as my late, brilliant mother used to say.   

  

No comments:

Post a Comment