Search This Blog

Thursday, August 1, 2013

Animal crackers in Canmore

Motored to Canmore for lunch today with two gals I swim with -- both a little better than I, so that tells you something because I fancy myself an excellent swimmer.  The proof is they are always in the "fast" lane while I occupy the "medium".  At least I moved a few years ago out of the "slow". 

At any rate, we have "destination" lunches and laugh our sides off.  Today it was off to Canmore.  What a gorgeous town!  Even after the floods, the village has been cleaned and bull-dozed and flowers bloom everywhere in huge pots.  The tourists teem.  Went to the 'Iron Goat', or as D kept calling it 'The Goat F--k'.  "Hey," she called out the car window, rolling it down to accost a young uniformed sheriff walking along the street.  Instead of saying, "Excuse me, officer," she yells "hey you".  L and I nearly died.  "Hey"?  What a way to greet a peace officer!  He started, turned and walked over to the window, where D began apologizing profusely for her gruff greeting.  She tried to redeem herself by admiring his dimples.  (They were adorable; he was about 12.)  It worked. 

We got directions.  After a lovely lunch, admiring the vast mountains surrounding us, we wandered through an open market before heading back to Calgary.  Here are a couple of snaps of a charming fellow I met in an arcade:


This stuffed guy wasn't in a glass case, just hanging out in the throughway.  All the sign said was, "Do not touch".  Wonder how many people obey that?!




     

No comments:

Post a Comment