Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Can't stand her

Pam Shriver.  Watching the US Open, seems neither can anyone else.  When she interviews someone, the cameraman never trains the lens on Pam, just the player she is interviewing.  Thank you.  Shriver probably pisses off the staff and they get back at her, afterall they have the power.  Pam is smug and "superior".  Why? 

Googled her and learned she has accused her ex, George Lazenby, of everything under the sun and has insisted on supervised visits when he is allowed five minutes with his three kids.  Pam, listen to me, down the line your kids are going to hate you for blocking access.  Do these women think they bore children by immaculate conception?  Obviously.  By the way, I have personal experience with women such as these, the mother of B's children having behaved -- to her detriment -- in exactly the same way.  No, B did not have to endure the hideous humiliation of "supervised visits" because he successfully fought back.  In fact, because of his ex's determination to deny him access -- just "show me the money"  her mantra -- he was awarded majority custody, unheard of in 1984.  That's how I ended up raising four kids!

I used to try and be "nice", but now I follow Tennessee Williams' lead.  Remember the scene in 'Cat on a Hot Tin Roof', when "Big Daddy" Burl Ives goes on and on about "mendacity", how it smells and how he can't stand the stench of it?  Neither can I.  The truth will out eventually.   

Last week I was so happy to meet up with the father of my kids and see that he is OK, that he loves his son, daughter and grandson.  What a great experience, I was moved and so was he.  Still love and respect there, in spite of what has gone on for many years.           

On another note, had lunch with "D" today, a woman I swim with.  We think alike.  "I hate him/her," we say to each other when spotting someone in the pool we can't stand.  Both of us have the same visceral reaction to people and I really can't explain why?  I see or meet someone and I either "like" or "can't stand" them at first sight.  So non-Christian I admit, but the older I get, the more definite I am about everything.  Not that I wasn't before, just voice my opinions without hesitation. 

There are some advantages getting to be an "old broad".         

No comments:

Post a Comment