Search This Blog

Sunday, September 8, 2013

Click, click, thunk

"Oh no, what the hell is that?" I said to B, as we were trying to leave St. Luke's parking lot after Mass this morning.  No matter how often he cranked the key, all we got was click, click, thunk. 

The battery was dead.  But why?  Trying to get to the bottom line, I struck out for 'Fountain Tire' across the street to see if they had a tow truck.  Closed.  Coming back, I noticed that B had re-entered the church to see what he could drum up.  Stupid, I thought.  But I was wrong.  Out came a young man who ran to his car and drove up to ours with jumper cables. 

Halleluiah.  He boosted us and we were off.  Instead of a disaster, we managed to snatch victory out of the jaws of defeat.  But sitting in that dead car, I realized I had no idea what taxi company to call, which tow truck company to summon.  I didn't even know how to take the C-Train!?  Living in Calgary for more than two years, I have no clue about how to get anywhere without a car? 

Dumb.  Thankfully, higher power sent that young man to us or we'd have been sunk. 

Haven't been in the pool for about a month.  That's a lot of laps I have not swum.  It shows around my gut, I have gained weight.  I dread stepping on the scales tomorrow, when it re-opens, having been closed for repairs for weeks.  Some of my swim friends have gone elsewhere; I opted to do nothing, eat bread and be a slob.  Oh well, I know I will get back into it and drop the weight in a few weeks.  And by the way, eating bread and butter has been fun after two years of deprivation!  Why do I bother trying to keep the weight off?  Vanity.

Tomorrow I hit the pool.  The party's over. 





      

2 comments:

  1. You didn't look too darn bad coming out of the lake after your 2k....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Darling woman, that was a month ago -- the month during which I have done NOTHING! But thank you for your encouragement.

      Delete