Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 11, 2013

No Coincidences

"Don't tell me you drive a five-speed too," I said to D, my swimming buddy when we were in the parking lot after a "Pho" lunch (Faye, I thought of you).  No wonder we liked each other when we started swimming together at the Y.

A better swimmer than I, D's daughter and mine actually share the same first name and we both drive black Honda Civics.  On top of that, I now know she is a gear-shift gal.  She is also adopted, just found that out today too.  Wow!  Many life events in common. 

She is also a completely no-bull-shit woman who puts up with nothing.  As I said, my kind of woman.  We like and hate the same people at the Y, fewer in the former category than the latter, by the way.  "You, L and I have to do the Lake Windermere open-water swim next year and make a weekend of it in Invermere," I suggested.  "We will be the oldest broads, but not the slowest," I predicted. 

"Can't wait," she replied.  Neither can I!  

2 comments:

  1. I like matches like this. Make your Pho lunch a tradition!

    Wish I could be there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think we will, she had not been to that venue and loved it! Lunch was $10 each and we were stuffed.

      Delete