Search This Blog

Friday, November 8, 2013

Get over yourself

Michelle Rempel's rant against Justin Trudeau's women-only event in Toronto is laughable.  A dyed-blonde huckster herself, Rempel called the gathering sexist, demeaning and unserious.  Who is she kidding?  Any woman who dyes her hair blonde is projecting an image of sex and does so at her own risk, the risk of not being taken seriously.  At least, that is my opinion. 

I am sure Rempel is a rabid feminist, who attends all kinds of women-only functions herself, so why she objects to Trudeau holding one is beyond me.  Oh yeah, it's because he is a man.  I think it was a great idea and so did all the women who shelled out $250 a ticket for the sold-out event.  I wouldn't bother because I know the kid well, Justin having played soccer with my kids in elementary school.  That is also how I got to know Margaret, chatting on the sidelines.  That, my friends, is another blog entirely!

The women who wanted to meet Trudeau one-on-one are obviously not dummies.  Happily, they do not share Rempel's hysteria. 

1 comment:

  1. couldn't agree more. I just spent the day working for
    Chrystia Freeland for Toronto Centre. OMG. I forgot how much fun and how stimulating it is to be back volunteering in Politics. I had to be the oldest old gal there but they all treated me like I was juste another volunteer. They are all graduates from University. Go onto Google and read about Chrystia's accomplishments!!! Married with three children to boot. Yes, I am working every day from 11a.m. to 8p.m. for this young lady and so pleased to be back in the land of the living young!!!!!!!!!
    My friends who go out to play bridge three times a week and talk about nothing can have that seniors life it simply is too boring for me. Hugs, B.

    ReplyDelete