Search This Blog

Thursday, November 28, 2013

Wow

"Look at these results," my doctor said this morning, turning the computer screen so I could see it.  "Your age is one number, but your bone density is another.  It's better than I ever see on anyone of any age.  We never see results like that."  Really?

So, osteoporosis will not be my downfall -- literally.  I googled "bone density" and see that a healthy average is 1.5.  Mine is 2.0.  Thanks to my swimming, my heart and lungs are in excellent condition and no breast cancer in the offing.  This was the first comprehensive exam I'd had in ages and I am encouraged.

We just have to get through the blood tests.     

1 comment:

  1. OMG. what wonderful news. Of course it is your swimming. I admire your discipline. You set a great example for your children and grandchildren.
    WOW, Nancy you'll probably live another 40yrs..

    ReplyDelete