Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Keep it to yourself

I have few "official" followers of my blog, but thousands of readers all over the world, from Russia, France, the US, Indonesia, South Korea, Germany, Malaysia, the Ukraine.............you name it, people everywhere read it.  Which is wonderful because I enjoy (read, 'am compelled to') writing and entertaining people.  What galls me are people who criticize my blog, but do not identify as "followers".  They hide behind anonymity and tear family members apart, while I am in the public thoroughfare putting my opinions in anyone's face. 

If you can't declare yourself a follower, don't comment negatively.  If you want to engage and say something, step up and be a follower.  This is the case with the spouse of a beloved cousin.  After 65 years of closeness and love between my cousin and I, the spouse -- who came on the scene five minutes ago and reads this blog -- didn't like something I posted.  Sadly, my cousin wrote me a poison pen letter and we are now estranged.  I know my cousin has to live with his latest, current spouse, but have some backbone and don't dump me because of her fits. 

That hurts deeply.  I don't care what anyone thinks of this blog.  I write it for myself, period the end.  But I take offense at people who never put pen to paper themselves, are not "followers", yet crap on what I write. 

One of my followers, "D", told me he was ashamed of hiding in the bushes reading my blog, so he became a follower.  Good for him.

Hey, if you don't like this blog, don't read it.  Write your own. 

Well, that's my rant for today. 

p.s. to "the spouse": you won't like this one either. 

No comments:

Post a Comment