Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Heartening

"I'd wish you Merry Christmas, but....," I said to the hijab-wearing cashier.  I chicken-shittedly added the last part, against my better judgement.  "Oh no, please," she replied.  "It is Christmas and we're all human.  Afterall, there is only one God."

Well, that was a pleasant exchange.  Pushing on in my "Merry Christmas" crusade, I find everyone appreciates the greeting -- people at the Y, clerks, cashiers, a young man holding a door -- everyone.  I find this very heartening.  I mean, if it's "Happy Holidays", why don't we say that in July?  In December it's "Merry Christmas".   

Try to find "Fanciful Rinse" in Calgary and you're sh-t out of luck.  This is a product I used faithfully a few years ago, but stopped....for some reason?  It is for grey hair and takes the sheen out.  The problem here is with an average age of 37 in this town, there is no market for "grey" products.  I brought a bunch with me when we moved, but am getting low.

Time to go on-line and find the stuff.

 

    

1 comment:

  1. Come back to Ottawa for a visit and stock up. There is lots of grey hair here

    ReplyDelete