Search This Blog

Monday, December 8, 2014

Meanwhile, back at The Ranch(men's Club)

"They got rid of her, the new job went to her head and she was impossible," said one of the staff at The Ranchmen's Club today.  He was referring to another staff member, about whom I had inquired.  You know, I could have predicted that would have happened with "R", who was a tad imperious and complaining.  Apparently, they had promoted her over her peers and guess what?  That never works.   

But, it was great to be back at one of the most prestigious clubs in the world.  Today, I enjoyed the lobster salad, chatting with people I had not seen for more than a year.  Having been members for two, we weren't last year and I missed it.  Heck, I told B, I am not going to eat cat food so you can fly around the continent visiting...whomever.

The club goes all-out for Christmas.  Here are a couple of examples:

All the toys go to charity.  So Canadian.

Father Christmas. 





   

2 comments:

  1. wonderful how you manage to have a wonderful time wherever you go - and being alone for I forget how many weeks. You are a true survivor - with a great sense of humour, survival, and kindness. Never change!

    ReplyDelete
  2. People are so friendly in Calgary, so one can venture anywhere and have an enjoyable time. And you know me, I talk to everyone. That's where I get a lot of blog material.

    ReplyDelete