Search This Blog

Friday, December 5, 2014

It's Merry Christmas....period.

"Merry Christmas, Santa," said a little girl at the mall yesterday.  "It's nice to hear children say that," I said to the mother, "since so many people and groups have high-jacked the feast."  "They don't give us the same courtesy do they," she rejoined. 

No, they don't. 

I say "Merry Christmas" to everyone -- clerks, cashiers, waiters...even strangers in parking lots.  I am making a stand and it's amazing how many respond enthusiastically.  "Same to you," said the shocked, elderly Walmart greeter as I left this afternoon.  Shoving my cart to my car in the snowy lot, I was relieved of it by a lovely young lady who was actually surprised when I said, "Merry Christmas."  Same to you, was also her happy response.   

Today went to daughter's home to help decorate their tree.  Hey, it's Christmas, not "Happy Holiday" time.  This feast is all about the birth of Jesus, but unfortunately it has been taken over by everyone and anyone, thanks to the acquiescence of politically-correct, chicken-s-it Christians.  I'm sick of it.

Those of us who miss Christmas need to speak up, not hide behind "Happy Holidays".             

2 comments:

  1. RIGHT ON !!!! I have never ever said Happy Holidays,
    but several of my Jewish friends do say that which is fine for them. I love Christmas in Italy because it is all about the birth of Christ. NO gifts until New Years Eve
    Except home made stuff. Have a great one. Great One.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We get a Christmas card from Harold Fireman, which is so respectful, and we send him a "Happy Holidays" one in return. I also send a very old and dear friend, who lives in Jerusalem, a generic card. But that't it.

    ReplyDelete