Search This Blog

Sunday, December 14, 2014

Never been a fan...

...of those boring and tedious Christmas letters people send.  It was bad enough when we received paper versions.  At least the egomaniacal senders had paid for a stamp.  Now the cheapskates send the drivel in an email.  Like, who cares?!  I was often tempted to send one back -- when we had the dog -- telling them how many "calling cards" I had picked up on the back deck, how many laundries I had done, how many toilets I had cleaned......you get the picture.

We all have lives and none of us is really interested in.....whatever.  Especially from people one rarely sees.  One of the worst offenders was a woman who always sent a two-pager, filled with name-dropping and boring, boring.....but who never mentioned the times we had been forced to host them (thanks to B's history with the husband).  I mean, we had them to the golf club in Ottawa, The Ranchmen's Club here in Calgary, The Gatineau Fish and Game Club and yet these events were never mentioned in her pompous letter. 

Please.

Buy a few cards, a coupla' stamps and send a friggin' actual physical Christmas card. 

2 comments:

  1. OMG. no one could ever accuse you of NOT saying exactly what you feel and think. I am sending New Years cards because two very very close friends have died in the past 10days and I am not up to sending -

    ReplyDelete