Search This Blog

Thursday, September 27, 2012

I did it again

Got a really bad haircut AGAIN this morning.  Firstly, I decide to grow my hair, then I think better of it for two reasons -- no three:  a) I swim every morning and would have wet hair all day long crimped into a ponytail, b) I can't stand the wait for it to grow in, and c) I'm too bloody old for long hair -- especially the grey variety.  Sorry Emmy-Lou, but we can't all look like you. 

But I will not pay a ton of money for a short-short hair cut every five weeks.  So, I gets what I pays for -- a crappy cut.  At "First Choice" you sign in and get the next operator available (notice I didn't say "stylist" because they ain't).  I dread the ones I know are crappy.  You guessed it, today I got a crappy one.  "I want the sides and back clippered and just a half inch off the rest," I instructed, as I slipped guardedly into her chair.  "Like this?" she asked, holding up a piece of hair with a half inch to cut.  "Perfect."  Trouble was, she clipped the first "half inch" and then kept going 'round and 'round clipping it all, all over again........."just to even it out," she explained, after butchering my locks.

So, here I am.  About to undergo another three-week bout of looking like a French whore who's just had a bastard German baby.  No one to blame but moi.     

  

2 comments:

  1. Hairburner, my Ottawa stylist for 20 years, is appalled I go to F.C. He kindly sent me three links for hair academies here, so I now have an alternative for my next cut.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I squeal with laughter each and every time you describe yourself as a French whore who's just had a bastard German baby. I even use that clever line in my repertoire when a client suggests going too short. "You'll look like a French whore who's just had a bastard German baby." They shriek and tell me how witty I am. I credit you every time.
    Thank God you love hats!
    I truly miss your phone calls of desperation when you tell staff members to tell me that Nancy Marley Clarke is on the phone and she's begging! Can't wait to hear about your misadventures at the local hair schools!

    ReplyDelete