Search This Blog

Friday, September 7, 2012

With enemies like that.............

.......who needs friends?!  Not too long ago, Bill Clinton and Barack Obama did not much like each other -- a holdover from the bitter battle between Hilary and Obama for the Democratic leadership.  But holy cow!  Bill hit it completely out of the park last night with his riveting speech.  The guy is peerless when it comes to getting a crowd eating out of his hand.  I don't care what your politics are, you had to love Bill last night. 

Fifty minutes went by in a flash.  In fact, I was sorry it was over when it was.  I could have listened enraptured for another fifty minutes.  He has it in clubs, diamonds, hearts and spades.  He alternately cajoled, scolded, edified and charmed everyone in that room -- wagging his finger, as he always does in case anyone might actually be naughty enough to vote for the other side.  If only he were running.............People just love Clinton because, although riddled with faults like the rest of us, he is a brilliant man.  No getting away from it. 

Would not like to be Obama following that act tonight.   

5 comments:

  1. You wrote the ball out of the field - That was a great article and of course I couldn't agree more. Although last night I thought I just might be in love with Biden????
    Thanks again for a great article. Well worth the read. Stay well, Barbara Ann MacMahon-Firestone

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Obama didn't quite hit the stratosphere as Clinton did. Just a little too scripted and sanctimonious. He claims to "have faults" but he never reveals them. The thing with Bill is that he is so human and so brilliant at the same time, a very rare combination (unless you are my husband).

      Delete
  2. Your husband would have made a great Prime Minister - but how about Governor General??
    Call me sometime - still trying to get settled
    NO curtains up yet - but all paintings hung
    Thank God.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, but B would have made a better GG. Politics is too corrupt and he is pretty high-minded and a tad too idealistic, although I have opened his eyes on a few files over the years. (I am sure you know the ones to which I refer!)

      Delete
  3. Where are you???? How about a call?
    Moving is hell I don't know how you two went through it without killing someone.
    I cannot find anything and I am selling 100 pieces of clothing at St. Basils Annual Fall Bazar this coming week-end. I cannot believe all the stuff I saved - Like Channel original suit size 10!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Yes I know the files of which you speak dear girl!!! You are a hoot. Hugs, B.

    ReplyDelete