Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Outings with my grandson

"I'll pull up a high chair for the baby," the hostess at Milestones says cheerfully.  So off I go to meet Sandy, a woman I swim with and who wanted to meet for lunch.  Except I was unexpectedly charged with Reed at the last moment, so he came along.  Delightful!  Everyone was charmed by him, as usual.  I ordered potato and leek soup and he ate at least half -- loved it! 

Thus Reed experienced yet another adventure with Grandma and all went well.  We even went home to a nap -- albeit with five minutes of crying before he fell asleep.  Reed is learning that the bed in our home is also a place where he sleeps.  He got it. 

When he totters around the coffee table and occasionally takes a tumble onto the soft carpet, I don't panic.  It's all part of the process attached to his learning how to stay upright.

I am very grateful that my daughter allows me these precious moments with my grandson.     

1 comment:

  1. We are all very very happy for you. I wish to God I had a garandson or four. Oh, well, one must be happy with one's lot in life.
    Time for you to change your hat dear adopted
    sister. It is fall now and we need a new picture of you. Hugs, B.A.M.F.

    ReplyDelete