Search This Blog

Sunday, September 16, 2012

What a dummie

There I am, in charge of the camera, taking pictures (supposedly) of B presenting his tennis award to "The Most Improved Junior" at the closing banquet of the Calgary Tennis Club.  Problem was, no film in the bloody camera! 

My fault entirely.

A few weeks ago, B asked if it would be a good idea to sponsor an award for the most improved junior at the tennis club.  Absolutely, I said.  What I liked about his idea was it could be won by any kid, regardless of sex, level or age.  He presented it to the board and they immediately agreed (why would they not).  So, the plaque was made. 

Come the night of the presentation yesterday, the young 11-year-old winner stepped up, B presented the plaque and I held up the proceedings with my photo-taking palaver and antics.  Except, as I said, there was no film in the bloody camera.  I am using the Canon Rebel we gave to daughter Susanne when she graduated from Queen's.  She gave it back a few years later.  But it requires actual physical film, so you kinda have to have that in the camera.  Duh!  You know, I wondered what the hell that funny-looking icon meant when I looked into the top of the camera?  Had never seen it before?@!!

Also lost are the wonderful shots I had others take of me swaning around in my gorgeous emerald green palazzo pants.  There we all were, lining up, posing and focussing the shots -- all to no avail.  The worst was the shot the juniors' instructor asked me to take of her and her prized pupil, both grinning proudly from ear-to-ear.  "I'd love to have a copy of that photo for the album here," Dorothy will say next time I see her.  "Well, er, you see, the problem was.......," I will blather back.     

So, now have to arrange a meeting of our young champion and B again at the club before the snow flies.  Hmmmmmmmmm....how will I tell him about this latest fiasco??????? 

1 comment:

  1. You are too funny for words. I want you to write about Kate being photographer topless in William's cousins home !!!!!!! The bloody Press
    someone should shoot them. they are doing a Diana on William's wife. OMG How I detest the Press. B.A.M.F.

    ReplyDelete