Search This Blog

Thursday, September 20, 2012

I shamelessly joined 'em

After trashing slobby Costco shoppers for thundering around and eating their way through the store (see "More cheesieness", August 16), I now share that shameful distinction.  Yep, I noshed my way through the aisles this afternoon. 

Problem was, I had only eaten a bowl of clear soup for lunch and was a tad too hungry to have ventured there in the first place.  Could not bypass the delicacies waiting tantalizingly at the end of each aisle.  A lot on offer is pretty good and the nice ladies in the white gloves preparing the stuff aggressively encourage shoppers to sample.  But I never thought I'd succumb and join the hoards who dine there.  I could feel my mother turning painfully in her grave as I enjoyed little bruchetta's and slices of tortilla.   

Daughter Susanne chided me.  "Mum, you have to eat that blog about how awful people are who do what you're doing right now."  She was right, hence this blog.

I write with sincere apologies to my friend "Hairburner".     

2 comments:

  1. I have also drunk from that well of desperation on occasion so please don't be too hard on yourself.
    Your blood sugar levels were excedingly low and you couldn't possibly be in your right mind.
    That's what I tell people while I was caught snacking on a delightful morsel of duck sausage out of a paper cup last month.
    I am going to suggest to Costco they employ a bartender to supply cocktails for our enjoyment whilst we peruse the free food stations therefore creating a food emporium cocktail party complete with hundreds of new interesting friends we have yet to meet!
    Can you imagine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So right about blood sugar! I have lost 20 pounds in the past few months and tend to take the diet deal too far "des fois".

    Bartenders at a Calgary Costco? It would be Stampede all over again! Someone would be sure to ride a horse into the place -- I'm not kidding!

    Things can get a little hairy here.

    ReplyDelete