Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 23, 2019

Obviously hippies wrote it

And they must have been rich hippies.  I am talking about the latest Canadian Food Guide.  It's all nuts, fruit, vegetables and grains.  Have you priced nuts lately?  And salad out-of-season?  Most young families -- even with both parents working -- would not be able to afford to eat like this.  All the polls I've seen say your average "Joe" cannot, and will not, follow this diet.

When I was growing up, winter was all root vegetables and canned fruit.  You never saw anything fresh and green in February and we all survived.  I wonder what the Inuit would make of it?  All they have to eat is blubber -- not a vegetable in sight.  Ever.  One of my Y buddies is a large-animal vet and genetic researcher, Dr. David C, who specializes in beef.  I have asked him what he thinks and I'll let you know. 

Health Canada is totally out-to-lunch, with no clue how the average family survives.  As I said, hippies are in charge there. 

No comments:

Post a Comment