Search This Blog

Friday, January 18, 2019

The Y way

Paul, Bob, Randy, Peter, Peter, Gerry, Ahmed, George, Lorraine, Sharon, Wendy, Julie, Julie, Rosemary, Leslie-Anne, Karen, Margaret....just to name a few of my swim buddies at the Y.  The thing is, we don't include wives or husbands in our coffee/lunch get togethers because frankly, it wouldn't work.  I mean, what if I thought someone's husband was a jerk?  That would kind'a negatively alter my impression of her.  So, we keep our Y stuff to the Y and don't let it bleed into our personal lives.

That's what I had to explain to a new guy I met the other day. "My wife would love to meet you," he said.  Thus, I had to explain that we don't do things like that with our Y buddies because it just complicates things.  Just before Christmas, B made the unthinkable mistake of agreeing to dinner at the home of someone he works out with.  Trapped, I agreed to go and if you want to know how that worked, read "Can I wear shoes?", 02-12-2018. 

It was an unmitigated disaster!

No comments:

Post a Comment